Honest To God - In-Justice For All
Talking through the message during the week helps you and your group put the truth of what God is saying to you into action. Begin with the opening question(s), read the additional scriptures and questions if needed, and then wrap up by discussing your next steps.
Big Idea: Pain & Suffering reminds us of the need for the Gospel and the local church.
· What plans does your family have for the holidays?
· Did anything in particular impact you from this weekend's message?
Read: 1 John 4:7-8, Luke 18:7-8 and John 12:47
· What view of God did you have growing up? Angry and spiteful, kind and just or something else? And who gave you that view?
· Have you ever seen someone who was suffering extraordinarily but demonstrated extraordinary confidence in God? If so, how did it change the way you think about suffering and faith?
· Is it difficult for you to believe God will one day bring about justice in the world? Why or why not?
· How does pain and suffering in this world produce in you a longing for another world?
Check In Question
Who is God putting in your life (to reach out to)? What are you doing about it?
With this being the last group night of the Fall season, take some time to:
1) In prayer thank God for all that he has done this year and
2) Plan a time you will all gather at least once between now and the New Year.