Talking through the message during the week helps you and your group put the truth of what God is saying to you into action. Begin with the opening question(s), read the additional scriptures and questions if needed, and then wrap up by discussing your next steps.
BIG Idea: Curveballs are actually unexpected invitations to trust and know God.
· Did you play any sports growing up as a kid?
Read: James 1:2-4, Heb 12:1-3
· How would learning to expect hardships change your outlook or perspective on your current circumstance or future curveballs?
· When you have a curveball moment, what are you usually focused on?
· Looking at the verse in Hebrews, how would keeping your focus on the truth of Jesus change your reality? Why is that so difficult in the midst of a curveball?
· Have you ever listened to the wrong friend in the midst of a crisis? Do you have a story of having the right kind of friend in the midst of one?
Check In Question
The bible says “In your anger do not sin” (last week’s message). How successful were you in following this command this past week?
What is one way you can "fix your eyes on Jesus" in your everyday life starting today?