Talking through the message during the week helps you and your group put the truth of what God is saying to you into action. Begin with the opening question(s), read the additional scriptures and questions if needed, and then wrap up by discussing your next steps.
BIG Idea: We only believe the parts of the Bible we act on
· What was the biggest change you've ever made in your life? Couold be anything at any time. What made it successful?
Read: James 1:19-27
· Are you slow to speak and slow to anger or more on the quick side?
· How have you experienced the shame and guilt route in trying to change through your faith story?
· What "moment of clarity" have you had recently that you keep forgetting the moment you "walk away from the mirror" of God's word or God's people?
· How is just living with "religious talk" so damaging?
Check In Question
How will you personally stay connected with the people in your community group during the upcoming summer break?
What was the biggest growth you saw in your life in this latest groups season?