Here we hope to answer as many of your questions about Catalyst Kids as possible. If we don't cover it here, feel free to go to our Contact Us page and ask away!
What security measures do you take with kids? Safety and security is our number one priority with kids so we take several main precautions.
1. All of our volunteers have completed a Catalyst Kids New Leader Orientation Class which includes age-level appropriate training, thorough review of our safety and security polices, and a background check.
2. We check in all kids through our online database and give their parent a matching security tag. Kids cannot be checked out without a matching tag.
3. We always have someone who is CPR and First Aid certified on campus.
4. From there, we have many other policies designed to keep kids safe such as no unbadged adults allowed in classrooms, bathroom trips in groups, no adult left alone with a child, ever, etc.
What do I do if it's my first time? First of all, welcome! Our check-in process is easy. You can first pre-register your child(ren) HERE. Once on campus, you can follow the signs to our Kid Check-In Center located to the left of the main auditorium. Give them your name and they will have all of your security tags ready to go! During that first week we will enter all of your information into our system and if you choose to come back all you will have to do is give us your name and we can easily print weekly security tags for you and your kids.
What happens if my child has a problem in class? We ask that you keep your phone with you on silent and we will text you if there is a problem with your child in class. As a safety measure, we document everything that happens in class from changed diapers to cuts and scrapes to keep you always in the know!
What is the Catalyst Well-Child Policy? We operate a well-child program. For the protection of all the children in our ministry, we cannot accept a child with a runny nose, active cold, fever, rash, persistent cough, diarrhea or any other signs of illness. We request that you not place your child in the program while they are at risk of exposing other children. Thank you in advance for helping us to keep our Catalyst Kids program a healthy place!
What do I leave with my little one in the Nursery? Please label all personal items with your child's first and last name before arriving at your child's class. For the safety of our children, all 2 year olds must be wearing shoes to enter the program.
- Two disposable diapers or pull ups. Please no cloth diapers.
- Pacifier, blankie, or other comfort item.
- A complete change of clothes, including a sweater or jacket in cool weather.
- A bottle or cup of milk, formula, juice or water. (this is a good practice even for mothers who nurse.)
What will my kids do in their class? We use Orange's children's curriculum for all classrooms above nursery age. Each classroom follows a similar format so kids know what to expect. In a typical weekend, children will watch a DVD Bible teaching lesson, enjoy crafts, theme based activities, lively discussions and opportunities to build new relationships. Each week a parent sheet will be sent home with the child so that parents can continue the discussion with their children beyond the weekend.
Anything else? Well, yes, thank you for asking. At Catalyst, one of our core values for kids is to come alongside the parent in spiritually raising their child, not replace them. To reinforce that value, each week, we bring the school age children back into the adult service after the message to allow time for the family to worship, give and take communion together. Children will be brought to the back of the room and at the right time, parents will be dismissed to go show their security tag to reunite with their child.